Saturday, December 03, 2005

Worship is a Lifestyle

Worship is not an event, it is not a feeling, it is not a slow song!.. Worship is a heart, a soul, a choice to do what God says...'Obedience' I want this for all of God's kids. I want this for myself. Lifestyle is this.... "a manner of living that reflects the person's values and attitudes". I love and hate this commandment because it requires me to be transparent in who I am so that people can see who I am. Who they see is who I am... If they see a man passionate to know God and not afraid to be a REAL Christian then the truth is that I am that person. If there is cloudiness and uncertainty concluded by the veiwers of my life then.... who is my god. You are probalby asking yourself, what is Brad talking about? How does this have anything to do with Skycalled?

Skycalled is not about the event, it is not about the music, it is not about the expression, it is not about us.... Skycalled is a place where christians can display their real life to those who don't know that He is real. It is a place to reflect a lifestyle of worship. It has faded in and out in the events we have put together but the truth of the matter is is that Sycalled can never become a comfortable, seeker friendly event that caters to the knowers of Christ. Skycalled must serve the lives that God has saved (us as christians) as an offering of worship to Him as a committed act of obedience for those (the lost) that can not see the Truth. WHOA... this is too heavy.

Skycalled is a community. The bars of Regina thrive on a community, the coffee shops thrive on a community and our enemy the devil thrives on a community, and they, including the devil, are only copycats of the life that Christ displayed on earth and in Heaven. We are creative masters at community. We are the ONLY ones that have ANYTHING to offer. We have it all. We have God.... We win.

I have passion for Skycalled, and I hope that you see that. I am in need of your help.

Brad

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have any deep comments like you guys, but what I can say is that Skycalled works! People have said to me that they could never open up to God, or express their belief of God, even if they tried. When they went to Skycalled, an event that supports self expression through God, they come up to me in the middle of the dance floor and yell - "GOD ROCKS! Jesus is awesome" - in Pure Bliss. Skycalled is something special - not many events work hand in hand with the God and Jesus. Other events might get the best DJs in the world - others might have crazy sound systems and light shows that create such an amazing atmosphere. However, the atmosphere at a Skycalled is not just made up by the lightshow or the rippling bass that you feel, it’s the holy spirit and God’s presence. You feel it wrap around you, comfort you, support you, love you - the connection between man and material world is lost, and the basic connection is felt – you and God. I look forward to the future of Skycalled and what it can do for God.
Peace, Love, Unity, Respect

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HEY CHAD

Thats awesome man!

I think Christian DJ's should DJ in clubs or at raves or anyplace that they can. There is the issue that there are not many Christian electronica Events, so not only is there a benifit financially DJ'ing at non christian events, but there is the possiblity of planting some seeds of faith for God. Now I am not saying that Christian DJ's should get up there and start preaching away in the middle of a bar (and the drunk people get all huffy and confused) but I think that bringing a light into a dark place like that will touch someone, somewhere. Just make sure that another light comes with you because the dark can be all comsuming sometimes. Two or three lights can be better than one. Christians seem to often minister to other christians, forgeting Jesus' command to, "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." I think whether it is Clubs, Bars, or Raves; Christian Dancers, DJ's, and Clubgoers could help by being out there doing their thing.

Good luck Chad, I will pray for you.

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Dan King said...

looking forward to skycalled (oct.7th) this weekend ...

see you there!

::danKing::
DJfreddieQ

10:28 AM  
Blogger bradley said...

It's going to be AWESOME! See you Saturday (oct 7)

Dance Dance Dnace.

Brad

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home